Nauticon Office Solutions
A multifunction printer is one of the most versatile pieces of office equipment that many offices rely on to get the job done. However, are you getting the most out of your multifunction printer? Many people fail to realize all that a versatile printer can do and don’t maximize their productivity and efficiency. Here are some of our tips for getting the most out of your multifunction printer at your office.
8 Ways to Get the Most From a Multifunction Printer
- Make the Functions Clear: Whenever you are getting a multifunction printer, you should make sure that you understand all of the functions and make them clear to your employees. Are they also fax machines? Can it make both black and white and color copies? How can they print from their computer? Are there cloud printing options? Make sure that you train all of your employees in the functions that are available on your multifunction printer and how each one works. By training in groups, you can reduce the amount of time that you spend on training and make sure that everyone understands how to use the printer. If you don’t make the functions clear, you might be making things unnecessarily complicated.
- Use Managed Printing: To get the most of any printer, whether it has one function or ten, you should consider managed printing services. Nauticon offers managed printing that helps ensure you never run out of toner, ink or paper. Managed printing also maximizes the efficiency of your entire system. If you aren’t sure how managed print services can improve maintenance, connectivity, toner replacement, repairs and more, contact us today to learn more.
- Integrate with Apps: Just like the phone in your pocket, many multifunction printers have app compatibility or apps that can be installed on your devices to make things more efficient. If you want to get the most out of your multifunction printer, we can help you explore your options for things like scanning directly to the cloud, printing from mobile devices and more. Applications can even be used to print from the cloud and make things more efficient than ever before.
- Think About the Location: While this is more about the layout of your office and not necessarily your multifunction printer, you should carefully consider where you are placing your printer. A central location is always a good idea, but you should also consider the needs of your specific employees. Does one employee only print things once or twice a month but another employee needs to print hundreds of pages over the course of the day? Are some employees in need of the scanner regularly? Make sure that your printer is not placed in an area that has too much traffic or that is too isolated, but keep the needs of your employees and their job descriptions in mind. If you aren’t totally satisfied with the location of your printer now, experiment with moving it to other places to avoid having a bottleneck.
- Change the Defaults: The defaults on your multifunction printer are designed to meet the needs of the average office or consumer. However, that might not be you! Take a look at the default settings and change them as necessary to meet the needs of your office. Pre-programming your printer can make things much more efficient, particularly if employees have to typically change one or two settings before printing or making a copy. Some of the defaults that you can change include things like requiring certain users to use certain machines, two-sided printing, black and white printing and more. If you aren’t sure what the options are on your multifunction printer, we are happy to review them with you and help you identify the best ways to optimize your printing experience.
- Add Them to Workflows: Make sure that the multifunction printer is being used in multiple workflows when you are setting it up. Some machines that are replaced by your multifunction printer might still be receiving jobs, so you should always check to see that they are being routed to your new device. If you don’t take time to check the workflows, you might be wasting time and energy having employees walk from space to space to gather what they need and get the job done.
- Use Energy Saving Features: Many modern printers and copiers come with a variety of energy saving features, but some of them you need to set up. Take full advantage of energy saving features that will help your energy bills and the environment by ensuring that they are properly set up and installed.
- Print What You Need: Finally, the best way to get the most out of your multifunction printer is by ensuring that every aspect of your office is optimized. Train your employees in what does and does not need to be printed so that they understand. Set up printers so that they will not perform certain things unnecessarily, like printing in color instead of in black and white. Managed print services will also help check if you are using more paper than necessary while ensuring that you always have exactly what you need on hand. If you want more ways to make your business as environmentally friendly as possible, Nauticon is always here to help. Contact us today to talk about your multifunction printer or ways to get even more from your printing.
We Help You Get the Most from Your Multifunction Printer
Nauticon is a leading provider of managed services, workflow solutions and other office technology solutions that can transform your workspace. If you are looking for a better way to meet your office’s needs, we are here to help. To learn more about our company and see how we can bring innovative, real-world solutions for your office’s needs to you, contact us today by calling (301) 279-0123.