Nauticon Office Solutions
In this article, we’ll review one of Toshiba’s new multifunction devices, in particular the e-Studio 5005ac color series. If you’re impressed with awards, this line received Buyers Laboratory LLC’s (BLI) ‘Highly Recommended’ rating. Toshiba’s 50 pages-per-minute MFP earned the honor after its outstanding performance in BLI’s two-month, 210,000 impression durability test. BLI noted that this series was a great fit for any medium to large company that needs reliability, ease of use and security elements. It scored high within nine other testing categories including user maintenance, productivity and image quality. It was also recognized by Better Buys for Business with their ‘Q3 2016 Editor’s Choice Award’. Editor Melissa Pardo-Bunte was quoted as saying ” “We have awarded past Toshiba e-STUDIO MFPs with Editor’s Choice and Innovative Product of the Year awards, but the company’s latest line is its most innovative and intuitive to date. By merging premium software and hardware elements throughout the design of their new color and monochrome products, Toshiba is clearly raising the bar for its competition to aspire to.
The Toshiba e-Studio 5005ac series delivers the most uptime due to its tested reliability and user-friendly procedures for replacing toner, drums and waste toner. You’ll have no problem remaining productive in office environments with multiple users sending multiple types of jobs. Long-run jobs will not result in lower image quality which was proven to be consistent over the course of tests.
What’s in the box?
- Prints up to 50 pages-per minute both color and black
- Standard 1,200-sheet capacity (expandable to 3,200-sheets)
- A 300-page ‘single-pass’ duplex document feeder scanning at 240 IPM duplex (images-per-minute)
- Customizable 9″ tablet-style tilting control panel
- On-board document solutions (previously an accessory and added expense)
- Intuitive Pantone color-matching technology
- Convenient USB drive for walk-up printing
- A fast 20-second warm up time – (not much time waiting for the copier to be ready)
- Professional print quality at 600 x 600 DPI (dots per inch)
- Ability to print your own digital signage (12″ x 47″ banners)
- Exceptional handling of various paper weights
- 4 GB of memory and a 320GB SECURE Self-Encrypting Drive (FIPS 140-2 Validated)
- Environmentally friendly – Energy Star (V2.0), EPEAT Gold
- e-Filing (Number of Boxes- 1 Public Box, 200 Private User Boxes | Capacity of Boxes- 100 Folders Per Box, 400 Documents Per Folder/Box, 200 Pages Per Document
- An optional envelope cassette
- Works seamlessly with several operating systems (Windows® Vista, Windows Server® 2008/R2, Windows® 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Windows Server® 2012/R2, Macintosh® (Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10,11), Unix®, Linux®)
Toshiba’s e-Studio 5005ac series effectively meets the print, document management and workflow needs of any mid-large scale office. All of the 5005ac components are designed to help you operate more efficiently and most importantly, cost effectively.
What’s not to like about this MFP? Even the low price will raise an eyebrow. Everyone can now afford color!