Nauticon Office Solutions
When you are searching for the perfect managed services provider for your business, it can be hard to know who to choose. There are many different factors that can influence whether or not a provider is the right fit for your business, your budget and your needs. At Nauticon, we work with businesses of every size and in every industry to help streamline their IT processes and ensure that they have the tech support they need around the clock. Here are some of our tips for finding the perfect managed IT services provider for your situation.
Our Best Tips for Choosing a Managed IT Services Provider
- Ask What Industries They Work With: Some managed services providers specialize in certain industries or only have experience working with one or two types of businesses. If you want to find the right fit for you, make sure that the service provider has an understanding of your industry and, preferably, that they also have experience working in it. There is no one-size-fits-all solution for IT, even within the same industry, but experience will increase the likelihood that they are a perfect fit for you.
- Ask for References: Any experienced managed IT services provider with experience should have references or case studies available for you to view. Testimonials are a great way for you to learn more about the types of projects the company regularly works on and what types of projects they can handle. Looking at references is also a way to make sure that the company is legitimate. This is particularly important if you might not be regularly meeting with your provider in-person and you want to make sure they are a real, established business.
- Don’t be Afraid to Ask Questions: Because you could be entering a long-term relationship with your managed IT services provider, the right time to ask questions is before you sign the contract! Don’t be afraid to ask about anything you can think of, and make sure that the company is eager to answer your questions and not trying to circumvent them.
- Look for a Proactive Approach: One of the most important things that a managed IT services provider can offer you is proactive service. This means that, instead of you calling them when something is broken and it needs to be fixed, they are proactively looking at improvements to make to your infrastructure. The best managed services providers use tools like remote management to detect issues and minimize downtime and disruptions. A proactive approach is especially important for things like back-ups and network security. If you notice a problem with those things, it’s almost always already too late to fix them quickly and easily.
- Ask About Response Time: One of the other key factors that should guide your decision is response time. How long will it take them to fix a problem with your network? Are there any factors that influence how long a response might take? Can you also get emergency assistance, or do they only schedule appointments? The response time is critical in the event that you need help quickly.
- Know the Cyber Security Standards: Cyber security is a growing concern for businesses of every size, and you should make sure that your managed IT services provider is aggressive with protecting your network and avoiding IT issues. MSPs should understand how to keep your network safe using tools like firewalls. They can also help you in developing protocols for your employees to follow that will ensure they know what to do if something happens.
- Make Sure They Understand Compliance: Businesses that do business digitally today are subject to more rules and regulations than ever before, so make sure that your managed IT services provider knows how to help you stay compliant. Things like the GDPR and NIST are important and can cost your business a great deal of money in fines if you violate them. By working with a partner who already understands these regulations, they can help you avoid tricky situations where you are not in compliance with your digital presence.
- Flexibility: Always make sure you understand the flexibility of your managed IT services provider. Do you have to lock yourself into a multi-year contract without any freedom to add new services if you need them? Are you able to use them without a contract for certain services? It’s important to know their capabilities and any limitations of the company in advance.
- Certifications and Skills: What special certifications and skills does the MSP have? While there aren’t licenses granted to managed IT service providers, there are many different trainings and certifications companies and individual workers can complete to show that they are experienced and knowledgeable. It’s a good idea to ask just so that you know in advance!
- Help With Budgeting: A great managed services provider can help your business to plan your future budget and technology needs. This makes it easier to forecast future expenses and make sure that you have enough set aside for occasional or one-time expenses, like upgrading your infrastructure. The best thing about working with a skilled MSP is that they can help you to succeed today and plan for success in the future. Just like proactively planning for cyber attacks can help to prevent them, looking ahead can make sure that you are prepared for expenses that you might have.
We Are Here to Be Your Managed IT Services Provider
Nauticon is a leading provider of managed services, workflow solutions and other office technology solutions that can transform your workspace. If you are looking for a better way to meet your office’s needs, we are here to help. To learn more about our company and see how we can bring innovative, real-world solutions for your office’s needs to you, contact us today by calling (301) 279-0123.