Nauticon Office Solutions
Would your office be able to adapt to a paperless environment? Would it be possible for you to reduce the amount of prints your office generates by 50%? Studies have shown that more than 80% of small/mid-size businesses want to cut paper out of their workflow. However, office workers in the US still generate approximately two pounds of paper every day(1). At this rate, the thought of a paperless environment will be nothing but a fading dream.
The need to become less dependent on paper should be more than a thought for most businesses. The decision to minimize paper usage would result in a significant cost savings. Potentially, the greater savings may come from efficiency gains. Creating a digital environment has many benefits over paper files that are processed by hand.
Here are a few benefits of a paperless (digitized) office.
- Keep costs low and funnel more resources towards your business.
- Reduce energy consumption.
- Minimize filing systems. No more misfiled or missing documents. Searching for a document that was placed in the wrong file is a thing of the past for businesses that adopt new approaches to increasing efficiency.
- Easy retrieval. Optical character recognition software allows you to search by keyword.
- You don’t have to be in the office to view a document. Simply store it in the cloud and view it from any device that has internet access.
- Employees become more productive
You may be surprised to find out that copier manufactures are incorporating paperless technology into their multifunction devices. A copier was a once the main culprit for producing mounds of paper. Now, they are being manufactured to reduce paper output and help you streamline workflow.
A software solution such as Square 9 works perfectly in conjunction your copier. Square 9 enables you to capture and extract information, allowing you to work smarter, faster and more productively.
Below are just a few of the tasks that you can achieve with Square 9.
- Quickly transform your paper based documents into digital information that can be shared and managed with far greater efficiency.
- Save valuable time by giving your staff immediate access to information from anywhere at any time via a centralized repository for all your business content.
- Use flexible search tools to locate records using any combination of keywords, phrases, address and more. With ECM it’s easy to find every file that matches your search criteria.
- Make better use of your office space by eliminating paper-based filing systems.
- With your records digitally secured it’s easy to protect them against theft, fire or natural disaster, while ensuring business continues as usual.
Converting your office to a paperless environment will not happen overnight. It’s a good idea to speak with an expert before you attempt this on your own.
We’re available by email or phone to answer any questions you may have.